Course and Vendor Vetting PolicyIt is the goal of the Southwestern Illinois Law Enforcement Commission, Mobile Training Unit 14 to provide high quality law enforcement training to its' partnership member agencies. SILEC strives to garner instructors/vendors who are informative (having knowledge of subject matter), interesting (good delivery skill), and qualified (educational background, training and/or life experience).
The cost of instruction per course/vendor is a factor. We shall strive to get a product for a reasonable price that fits within the annual SILEC MTU14 training budget. Teaming with other Mobile Training Units often provides buying power (reduced rate for multiple dates) and often results in shared/split mileage reimbursement or airfare.
In considering a course and/or vendor for MTU 14 presentation we shall require:
- Name of course as it will appear on attendee certificate.
- Description of course to include a course synopsis and outline, listing specific topics to be covered, with brief details on each topic.
- Hours of the course to include start-time, end-time, and certificate hours.
- Instructor qualifications to include resume and/or bio. A clear indication of education,training, and experience with relationship to the course must be evident.
- Instructor/vendor references, if requested.Instructor/vendor has completed a certified training course in Instructor Develop mentor related training. (Can be waived by Director)
- Instructor meets the requirements necessary for grant reimbursement in their course sthat are eligible for such reimbursement.
- Full disclosure of instructor fee's including any additional costs relating to travel,lodging, and course production materials.
- Has course been offered in another Mobile Training Unit?Has course been offered in another state? (If so - was it certified by their POST?)
- SILEC MTU 14 will aid all contractual courses provided by vendors as practicable. This includes, but is not limited to advertisement, procurement of facilities, training aides,scheduling, and registration of attendees, unless otherwise prearranged.
- Course certifications with the Illinois Law Enforcement Training & Standards Board(ILETSB) shall be handled by and through SILEC MTU 14.
David H. Hayes
Director SILEC MTU 14