8 Hr. De-Escalation & Calming of Aggressive & Emotionally Disturbed Individuals
- This event meets the criteria for specific mandated training
- Non members please click here to contact us to request access to online registrations.
Class Limit: 30
One-Day Training on Basic Skills for the Threat Assessment, De-Escalation and Calming of Aggressive and Emotionally Disturbed Individuals.
- The Cycle of Aggression & Guiding Principals in Dealing with Aggression
- Communication with the mentally ill and people with volatile character traits
- De-Escalation Tactics
- Disorganization (ex: Chaotic Rage)
- Domestic Violence
- What do people do when they become aggressive? What can escalation look like?
- Your physical organization in the face of anger
- Tone and quality of voice
- Tactical Paraphrasing – The Gold Standard for Angry People
- Multiple control strategies for different scenarios